Fire Safety Value
Data centres represent a unique fire hazard with the storage or large quantities of diesel and the presence of Lithium Ion batteries required to maintain constant up time and minimise loss of information. This can often lead to design requirements under a prescriptive approach that may not be feasible.
Data Centres are increasingly ubiquitous components of our critical infrastructure, and as such are attractive targets for both physical and cyber threats. The information stored in data centres is also likely to be sensitive or confidential in nature – making reliable security design imperative.
Our Fire Experience
Lote is experienced with working through the hazards presented by the storage of diesel generators and Lithium Ion batteries from both an occupant life safety and fire brigade perspective. We have written about Data Centres from a Fire Engineering and Risk perspective in our Newsletter.
Our Security Experience
Lote understands the particular security challenges of Data Centres, and how these must be solved in conjunction with other concerns – including functionality and the incorporation of other services like Fire Engineering. We have written about Data Centres from a security perspective in our Newsletter.
Equinix SY5Alexandria, NSW
Canberra Data CentreCanberra, ACT
Australian Liquidity CentreArtarmon, NSW
- Airtrunk Syd2 Data Centre, Lane Cove, NSW
- BP Solar Sydney, NSW
- CDC Data Centre, Eastern Creek, NSW
- Canberra Data Centre, Fyshwick, ACT
- Equinix SY5 Data Centre, Alexandria, NSW
- Telstra Data Centre, St Leonards, NSW
- TransGrid Substation, Haymarket, NSW
- Crudine Wind Farm Facility, Mudgee, NSW
- ACT Capital BESS, ACT
- Noor Energy Solar Farm Dubai, UAE
- Ausgrid Summer Hill Substation, NSW
- RCR-Tomlinson Solar, Greenough River, WA
- Energy Australia Substation, Sydney, NSW
- Woolworths DC, Eastern Creek, NSW
- Porsche, Lexus and Volvo, EV Workshops, Newcastle, NSW
- Ausgrid Haymarket Substation, NSW
- Sydney Trains, Sydenham Control Centre, NSW
- Belconnen BESS, ACT